Saturday, February 16, 2013

Wanted February 16th

 

 

Going to dive right in since thinking much has lead me to missing deadlines I myself set.

Next week an epic fantasy novel that promises to be a bit China Mieville like and from the preview I read exciting and engaging in the opening chapter. I can not wait to get into the meat of this novel and its US cover it so pretty.

Here is the article that was posted today at the Tor website and well I want a copy all the more.

John Joseph Adams is one of the three best original anthology editors in the game today Ann I have had my eye on this one for the last few months. Some of my favorite short fiction authors are being featured in this one Seanan McGurie, Genevive Valentine, David D Levine, Carrie Vaghn, Laird Barron, Mary Robinette Kowal's and Jeffrey Ford to name a few. It promises to his the mad scientist types from superhero comics, science fiction, tv shows and video games addressing the foibles and fun of the villain of so many stories and with so many good names 14.95 s a bargin.

This one is already on the shelf and Borderlands Books in San Francisco is holding a signing on Saturday February 23rd at 3pm. John Joseph Adams and Seanan McGuire will be there and id expect it to be a great time. Their signings are the best I've been to and I'm so sad that I'm stuck here at home and working....

This may not be out till the last week of this month but the third week of this moth there were few things that I saw that attracted my attention like this one. Along with urban fantasy I enjoy what I would call historical urban fantasy like that of Mark Chadborn's Swords of Albion series. This book from Solaris looks to fit into that same category. Here is the back cover copy for you to read to see it its your kind so things too:

1653: The long and bloody English Civil War is at an end. King Charles is dead and Oliver Cromwell rules the land as king in all but name. Richard Treadwell, an exiled royalist officer and soldier-for-hire to the King of France and his all-powerful advisor, the wily Cardinal Mazarin, burns with revenge for those who deprived him of his family and fortune.

He decides upon a self-appointed mission to return to England in secret and assassinate the new Lord Protector. Once back on English soil however, he learns that his is not the only plot in motion. A secret army run by a deluded Puritan is bent on the same quest, guided by the Devil’s hand. When demonic entities are summoned, Treadwell finds himself in a desperate turnaround: he must save Cromwell to save England from a literal descent into Hell.

But first he has to contend with a wife he left in Devon who believes she’s a widow, and a furious Paris mistress who has trailed him to England, jeopardising everything. Treadwell needs allies fast. Can he convince the man sent to forcibly drag him back to Cardinal Mazarin? A young king’s musketeer named d’Artagnan. Black dogs and demons; religion and magic; Freemasons and Ranters. It’s a dangerous new Republic for an old cavalier coming home again.

So till next Saturday that is what would be on my Wanted wall.... Have a good week....

 

No comments:

Post a Comment